Open Source Customization
A new business mantra of every organization is to cut costs. Reducing overall spends on Information Technology is one of the most prominent heads among those. They have learnt from the experience of installing high-end dedicated software suites and falling prey to huge installation and migration costs, licensing fees and renewal costs - year after year.
In this scenario, most of the small and medium business enterprises have begun taking a recourse towards Open Source technologies like PHP /MySQL, etc.
Starting with operating systems (Linux), Web Servers (Apache), database Server (MySQL) and Server side Scripting language for developers (PHP), everything is now available under the GNU General Public License.
Most of the regularly required high-end web applications for organizations like Content Management Systems, E-commerce portals, Product Catalogs, Customer Relationship Management Systems, Online support and Ticketing management systems, E-learning modules, web conferencing modules and many more are available out of the box and free to download.
If you are planning to start an internet venture like a Social Networking site, Job site, Online Live Tutor, Matrimonial site, Online Travel Site, Online personalized gifting site, article oriented site, forums and more, an open source framework is already available.
However, most organizations lack the technical expertise and working knowledge to develop programs using an open source platform. In addition, the fear of not getting any support after investing in Open Source Infrastructure acts as a deterrent.
Since Open Source projects, frameworks and codes are developed after keeping in mind a general usage, many developers add additional codes, plugins and modules to incorporate the maximum number of industry applications across users. This creates a problem when you try to use it out of the box.
Image Online has been working on Open Source platforms since 1997. In fact, we have always had a special focus on Open Source technologies and its applications.
- First we understand your requirement for web application or intranet project or even your Internet venture
- And starting from scratch, we use our knowledge and experience to find out if such an Open Source framework is available
- We then modify it extensively to exactly suit your needs
- It is never used as is. But, there is no point re-inventing the wheel either!
- This framework is used only to save cost and time and augment its applicability by providing it a professional touch and customization
- While you use it, you will never see any unwanted details
If you are looking to reduce your Information Technology Software Infrastructure cost talk to us.